Are you a parent in need of support?
Home-Start in Waverley may be able to help you by offering you a volunteer if you:
- live in the borough of Waverley which includes Farnham, Haslemere, Cranleigh, Godalming and surrounding districts
- have one or more children under the age of 5
- are going through a difficult time in your life
There are many reasons why you may need us. Perhaps you are:
- feeling isolated, maybe with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- having a hard time coping with your child’s illness or disability
- being affected by the death of a family member
- struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets or more than one child under 5
- finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- feeling exhausted or depressed
- coping with your own illness or disability
What do we offer?
If we think you qualify for our service, a carefully selected and trained volunteer, who has parenting experience, can visit you regularly for 2-4 hours a week in your own home. Our volunteers are there to offer emotional and practical support which is based on what we together agree would be helpful. Our support is flexible and responsive to your needs and can include:
- being a listening ear or someone to talk to
- adult company
- helping and playing with your children
- help to find out about and access other local amenities and services
- encouragement and motivation
- practical help
How can I get support?
If you are a parent looking for support, you can email us, call us on 01252 737 453 to chat about your needs, or you can download the self referral form which you can complete and post back to us. Our address can be found on the Contact Us page, or send us an email
Please phone our office if you need help to complete the referral form or you can ask someone else such as your GP or health visitor to do it with you. The information you provide will help us ensure that the support you receive is appropriate and effective.
Once we receive your completed referral form we will contact you and arrange a visit to discuss any issues your family is having to deal with, what support is needed and how we may be able to help you. Home-Start in Waverley is an independent and confidential volunteer service – we only support you at your request.